What is sustainability?
Sustainability can be defined as "the use of resources in an environmentally responsible, socially just, economically viable and culturally acceptable way, so that meet the current needs does not compromise the possibility of use by future generations." In this way, sustainability is sets in three dimensions: environmental, socio-cultural and economic.
To know. What is the Qualification Program in Sustainable Tourism Sebrae / RS, based on the NBR 15401?
It is an initiative of the Sebrae program in 2014, which encourages sustainable tourism and has the scope to improve the management of lodging facilities, considering the economic viability, society and the environment.
The methodology that consists of 12 implementation of the standard workshops, totaling 68 hours; 14 Consultancies Individual implementation and evaluation of preparation for audit, with 128 hours; and a benchmarking visit to know best practices.At the end of the program, the company will get the Certification, which is a guarantee for the company and for the market that are sustainable tourism práticasde.
NBR 15401: 2006 - hosting Media - Sustainability Management System - Requirements - specifies the requirements for the sustainability of lodging facilities, establishing specific minimum performance criteria in relation to sustainability and enabling an enterprise to formulate a policy and objectives that take into account legal requirements and information related to environmental, socio-cultural and significant economic.
Sustainable management of Pousada Bella Terra
Pousada Bella Terra in its hotel segment, has, as a basic principle, beyond the quality of its services and products, respect for the environment and sustainable development.
His strategy considers your customer / guest satisfaction, the expectations of stakeholders and the search for improvements that reduce the impact of its operation, thus contributing to a sustainable society.And because of this commitment, participation Qualification Program in Sustainable Tourism, created by Sebrae in line and respect the NBR 15401: 2006 Sustainability Management System for Hosting means, and that this participation came to add the various sustainable actions that we applied already from the beginning of our activities in June 2003, and also envision and strive for the opportunity to involve all our employees, suppliers and guests in the paradigm of sustainability.
Based on this brief introduction, follow our principles in pursuit of a truly sustainable tourism:
- Respect and mainly apply to laws and other rules applicable to the scope of this policy;
- Encourage and support actions aimed at the social, environmental - educational and economic development of the region, giving priority to the hiring of labor, services, and the consumption of local products;
- Protect the natural environment and biodiversity, read it, the animal and plant species in the region, where the Pousada Bella Terra operates, through monitoring and mitigation of impacts, that perhaps can be caused due to its activities;
- Properly manage the handling and disposal of solid wastes, liquid effluents and air emissions as well as the proper management of natural resources such as water and energy;
- Pousada Bella Terra whenever possible to collaborate with the cultural development through support, promotion and dissemination of local culture and the cultural heritage of the region;
- Stimulate social and economic development of the region, thus contributing to the strengthening of the local economy through people training activities, not only of the Pousada Bella Terra employees, but the community as a whole;
- Ensure hygiene standards and strict security,
- Use commercial, ethical and transparent practices;
- Commit to continuous improvement in order to get the satisfaction of all guests;
- Encourage, engage, secure and communicate this policy to all, so that we increasingly have a sustainable tourism.
With these small actions, together we can build a better world!